Full spectrum coordination and scheduling of patient referrals to internal and external agencies including follow-up to ensure that referral appointments were kept and reports are received in order to ensure "closing the loop" for 100% of the referrals.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Previous office experience helpful. Experience with insurance referrals and authorizations preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: None.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual English/appropriate foreign language based on demographic area required, with the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; strong organizational skills; Excellent telephone skills; able to work independently, as well as part of a professional team; able to interact and communicate effectively with the public in person and by telephone; ability to complete delegated activities, projects, and committee functions within appropriate time span; oral/written communication skills; and the knowledge of or ability to learn medical terminology.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Location/Region: Yakima, WA (US - 98902)